ACTIVITY WAIVER OF LIABILITY
AUBURN ESCAPE ZONES WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
- In consideration for receiving permission to participate in the Auburn Escape Zones puzzle room, I hereby RELEASE, WIAVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Life of Riley LLC d/b/a/ Auburn Escape Zones, their officers, agents, or employees (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while participating in such activity, while in, on or upon the premises where the activities are being conducted, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise and regardless of whether such liability arises in tort, contract, strict liability, or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with the activities of the puzzle room games, and I am aware that such activities include the risk of injury and even death, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activities, knowing that the activities may be hazardous to my property and me. I understand that Auburn Escape Zones does not require me to participate in this activity. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage, or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such activities, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- I further heareby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorneys' fees that RELEASEES may incur due to my participation in said activities, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- It is my express intent that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of State of Alabama and that any mediation, suit, or other proceeding must be filed or entered into only in Alabama and the federal or state courts of Alabama. Any portion of this document deemed unlawful or unenforceable is severable and shall be stricken without any effect on the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- I understand that by signing this waiver I agree to obey the commands and directions provided to me by the RELEASEES and/or Staff whether verbally or in digital form. If I violate these commands or do not heed warnings I agree to forfeiting my payment and being removed from the experience without refund and that I may be banned from future experiences at the RELEASEES' sole discretion.
- I understand that by signing this waiver I agree to reimburse the RELEASEES for any and all damages caused by myself or any minors in my care. Expenses include, but are not limited to, the cost of materials, labor, time to affect repairs and/or lost sales due to damaged furnishings, props, electronics, etc. Lost sales incurred due to inoperable rooms includes any previous bookings that must be cancelled or rescheduled and potential room sales that were not possible. Reimbursement will be charged to the credit card used to make the booking for the individual(s) causing the damage, settlement of charges between the cardholder and the individual(s) causing damage is the sole responsibility of the cardholder.
- By signing this waiver and participating in the activities, I fully release Life of Riley LLC d/b/a/ Auburn Escape Zones to use my likeness in any format as they see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, posting to social media, use as promotional material for marketing in various formats, etc.
IN SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent or my parent/guardian has consented to me participating in this activity; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
Basically: If something happens--whether your fault or ours--you won't sue or hold us responsible. If you break our rules you will be removed from the room. If you (or your group) damage our room, the cardholder that made the booking will be charged for repairs/lost sales. You must accept these terms and sign this waiver (or sign for minors in your care) in order to play.