PARTICIPATION AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY AGREEMENT
You have agreed to participate in an “Escape the Room” event hosted by Lock and Clue. We are excited and hope that you are as well! Before you can participate, though, we ask that you READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
You are participating in this event voluntarily and with full knowledge of any risks that participation may pose for you. By signing this agreement, you are voluntarily giving up certain legal rights against KATE SINER FRANCIS LLC (d.b.a. Lock and Clue, hereinafter “Lock and Clue”) for any personal physical or emotional injuries you may suffer as a result of PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ESCAPE THE ROOM EVENT.
1. PARTIES INCLUDED. I understand that this agreement includes LOCK AND CLUE its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents of any and all entities authorizing this activity, the owners of the building, land, property and adjacent property owners.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I hereby assume all of the risks associated with participating in any and all activities associated with the LOCK AND CLUE escape room event including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of myself or other participants, the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that I understand this activity has potential risks including but not limited to:
1) Use of simple tools;
2) Potentially moving or lifting objects of not more than twenty pounds;
3) Mental stress and anxiety;
4) Being in a reasonably small space with up to fifteen persons;
5) Possibility of failure to escape the room in the allotted time.
I have no physical or mental illness that precludes my participation in a safe manner for myself or others. I am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which impairs my ability to maintain my safety awareness or endangers others.
3. EXEMPTION FROM LIABILITY. I hereby fully and forever waive, release and discharge LOCK AND CLUE from any and all loss, liability, claims, expenses, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of any damages, both in law and in equity, in any way resulting from personal injuries, conscious suffering, death or property damage sustained by me arising out of my participation in this escape room event or any other LOCK AND CLUE related activities. Exemption from liability includes loss, liability, claims, expenses, damages or injury resulting from the negligence of LOCK AND CLUE or from any other cause or causes.
4. COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I agree for myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, not to institute any suit or action at law, or otherwise, against LOCK AND CLUE, nor to initiate or assist the prosecution of any claim for damages, or cause of action which I, my heirs, executors, administrators or assigns may have by reason of injury to myself or my property arising from participation in a LOCK AND CLUE escape room event.
5. INDEMNITY & LEGAL PROCEEDINGS. I agree for myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns to indemnify and hold harmless LOCK AND CLUE from any and all losses, liabilities, claims, expenses, actions or proceedings of any kind which may be initiated by myself or any other person or organization for my participation in the event. This includes and entitles LOCK AND CLUE to recover and reimbursement for all reasonable legal court cost, attorney’s fees and related expenses incurred by LOCK AND CLUE and other indemnified parties, for the defense of any such legal actions or appeal thereof, which may arise directly or indirectly from bungee jumping/zip line tour or any related activities.
6. CONTINUATION OF OBLIGATIONS. I agree and acknowledge that the terms and conditions of this agreement shall continue in full force and effect at all times, and shall be binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns or my estate. the agreement shall be effective not only for my first escape room event but for all future related events and any related activities.
7. INSURANCE DISCLAIMER. I understand that LOCK AND CLUE does not provide any insurance, either medical or liability, for any incident which may arise as a result of my participation in escape room events or any related activities, and if I want insurance of any kind, I must furnish my own.
8. MEDICAL EXPENSES. I will pay my own medical emergency expenses and all subsequent medical expenses in the event of any incident/accident, illness or incapacity, regardless of whether I have otherwise authorized such expenses.
9. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force and effect.
10. PHOTO & IMAGE RELEASE. I will be asked if I would like to have my picture taken for the Lock and Clue Facebook Page. If I consent to having my picture taken with anything other than my own camera. I hearby grant and release to LOCK AND CLUE all rights, privileges & ownership of any images of me or my likeness captured. I grant & release any claim myself or claims by any of my heirs or agents that the use of my images might allow. These rights are granted for perpetuity from the date of this release forever both here in the United States of America or any other place or legal jurisdiction on planet Earth. I understand my image may be used in print, broadcast, Internet or any other format at the sole discretion of LOCK AND CLUE or any of its agents or licensees.
I testify that I am not under the influence of drugs, alcohol. I hereby expressly recognize that this agreement is a contract pursuant to which I have released any and all claims against KATE SINER FRANCIS LLC its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents of any and all entities authorizing this activity, the owners of the building, land, and any property of KATE SINER FRANCIS LLC.
I agree that all staff or authorized agents may, in their sole discretion and at any part of my experience at LOCK AND CLUE, determine it is unsafe for myself or others for my participation to continue and remove me from the premises by any lawful means and this removal does not entitle me to a refund.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY OF MY OWN FREE WILL. I FURTHER CERTIFY THAT I AM 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. (IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST SIGN AND DATE THIS SECTION.