1. We have read and understand the information regarding this event and understand that we participate in this event at our own risk. While Lockdown Ottawa is taking extra precaution to ensure a clean and safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic, we acknowledge that in any public setting there is a risk of contracting COVID-19 and we will not hold Lockdown Ottawa responsible in the event that the virus is contracted on site.
2. We hereby attest and verify that our physical condition will allow us to participate in Lockdown's escape rooms. We further understand that Lockdown escape rooms are not recommended to expecting mothers, those with heart conditions, claustrophobia or any other condition that could be mitigated while participating in the escape room game. Furthermore, we acknowledge that we will be required to stand for sixty minutes during this game. We hereby attest that we are not currently ill, have not had any symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, nor have we had any contact with a positive case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days. We acknowledge that a face covering or mask will be worn at all times while at Lockdown Ottawa, both in the common areas, as well as while playing the game. Removal of mask or refusal to wear a mask will be grounds for immediate removal from the building and no refunds will be provided under these grounds.
3. We agree to comply with all the rules and directions given by Lockdown personnel.
4. We hereby allow the use of our names and images to be used for media and marketing purposes and accept that our details will be added to a participants database.
5. We acknowledge that each room is equipped with CCTV for monitoring throughout the duration of the game.
6. We acknowledge that each room is equipped with an emergency key placed beside the room door. If you or any member participant needs to exit the room, this key can be used to exit.
7. We hereby acknowledge this waiver and release and indemnity discharge all persons, corporations, associations and bodies involved in creating, promoting or staging Lockdown and their servants, agents, representatives and employees of all independant suppliers, directors, employees, independant contractors, representatives, agents, volunteers, organizations and sponsors whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributed to the act or neglect of any of them.
8. We understand and acknowledge that we may not attend, participate in, or act as a spectator or bystander of Lockdown's escape rooms unless we are 18 years of age or older, or if we are under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian has read and signed this release and waiver agreement. We further acknowledge that we have inspected the facilities, equipment and areas to be used by lockdown and are voluntarily participating despite risk of falls, contact and/or crashes with other participants or actors, defective equipment, the condition of the room or any hazards that may be posed by spectators or employees.
9. We acknowledge that the game does not require any participant to move or climb onto any furniture (or onto other players) to play the game. Furthermore, climbing or lifting other participants off the ground is dangerous, unnecessary, and may be grounds for removal from the game without reimbursement or compensation.
10. We acknowledge that damaging property to play the game is unnecessary and will not be tolerated. If it is found that a participant is neglectfully and purposefully damaging contents inside any of the escape rooms, or should it be deemed that they are using excessive force, they shall be removed from the game without reimbursement or compensation, and will be responsible for the full costs of repairs or replacement of the damaged property.